As a conscientious East Providence, Rhode Island estate planning lawyer, I actively protect families throughout the state by drafting comprehensive estate plans and assisting with the probate process. Through legal representation that is focused on helping you minimize probate costs, avoid risks to your estate and assets and protect your loved ones from creditors, I ensure that you leave as much of your estate to your beneficiaries as possible. I also work closely with you to establish a plan in case of incapacity. I am dedicated to helping you retain control over your assets and honoring your wishes.
Drafting Comprehensive Estate Planning Documents to Protect Your Family and Your Legacy
A properly drafted estate plan can establish a plan for incapacity, protect your assets and honor your values. We will work closely with you to draft a comprehensive estate plan that consists of one or more of the following critical legal documents:
- Wills – A will is the cornerstone of an estate plan and designates who will receive your property at your passing and who will be responsible for ensuring your final wishes are carried out.
- Trusts – A trust is a legal document that allows you to assert a greater degree of control over your property, even after you pass. You can establish a framework for how your property is used during your incapacity, after your death and under other situations.
- Power of attorney – A power of attorney designation allows you to appoint a trusted person to handle your business and financial affairs if you are unable to do so for yourself.
- Healthcare designations – We will work closely with you to determine your values concerning end-of-life care, putting these beliefs into a legally-enforceable document and designating a person to make healthcare decisions for you.
By working one-on-one with our clients, we draft a customized estate plan that protects your family and your wishes.
Providing Compassionate Legal Representation in Probate and Estate Matters
In addition to drafting estate plans, we also help East Providence families with probate and estate matters, including the following:
- Probate process – We can probate your loved one’s will, provide notice to beneficiaries, heirs and creditors, complete reports and administer the estate in full compliance with all applicable laws.
- Estate and trust administration – We help personal representatives and trustees fulfill their fiduciary duty to beneficiaries and others.
- Estate and trust litigation – If a will was drafted under duress or undue influence or you do not receive the property that you are entitled to, an experienced East Providence estate litigator is necessary.
Contact an Experienced Rhode Island Estate Planning Attorney to Schedule a Confidential Consultation
If you would like to have the peace of mind of knowing that your affairs are in order, The Law Office of Frederic A. Marzillican help. We can craft a comprehensive estate plan on your behalf. We also assist personal representatives and families with the probate process. To schedule a confidential case review with a knowledgeable Rhode Island estate planning attorney, call (401) 434-5887 or contact us online.