When you have to turn to the Rhode Island family legal system to resolve a family matter, it is crucial that you have a knowledgeable family lawyer on your side. As the founding attorney at the Law Office of Frederic A. Marzilli in East Providence, Rhode Island, I rely on my nearly four decades of legal experience as an accomplished negotiator and skilled family law litigator to assist my clients through any family legal issue they are confronting. I provide effective and affordable legal counsel in divorce and family law matters that are focused on advancing your interests and protecting your family.
Fighting for Efficient Results in Your Family Law Matter
At the Law Office of Frederic A. Marzilli, we know that family law matters do not always have to be contentious. When possible, we recommend using efficient and cost-effective solutions such as mediation and negotiation to avoid time in court and to decrease the cost involved in the legal process. However, when this is not possible, we can zealously represent your interests in court. Our goal is always to quickly and aggressively resolve your legal issue while you maintain as much control over the outcome as possible.
Protecting the Interests of East Providence Families in a Variety of Family Law Cases
For any of the following family law matters, you can turn to me for help:
- Divorce – I assist clients who are filing for divorce or responding to a complaint for divorce. Whether the case is uncontested or contested, I will put more than three decades of experience as a skilled negotiator and litigator to use.
- Property distribution – Rhode Island is an equitable distribution state, meaning that when spouses end their relationship, their marital property must be fairly – but not necessarily equally – divided. I can work closely with you to negotiate a fair property division or to advance your position in court.
- Child support – Rhode Island child support guidelines use various factors such as the financial resources of both parents, the child’s standard of living, the time the child spends with each parent and the needs of the child to determine an appropriate amount of support. I can file a child support action on your behalf, seek to modify an existing order or enforce an order if you are not being paid the amount of child support you should be.
- Child custody – Nothing is more important to you than your relationship with your child. At the Law Office of Frederic A. Marzilli, I will work diligently to ensure that you have a meaningful relationship with your child. I know the ins and outs of the Rhode Island court system and can advise you on the steps you should take to increase the chance of a favorable outcome.
- ChSpousal support – If you and your spouse have different earning potential and resources, you may be able to secure spousal support. We can discuss your legal rights during an initial consultation.
Contact an Experienced Rhode Island Family Law Attorney to Schedule a Free Consultation
Whether you are seeking to file for child custody, establish paternity or modify or enforce an existing family court order, The Law Office of Frederic A. Marzilli in East Providence, Rhode Island can help. Schedule a confidential consultation to learn more about your rights and how we can help by calling (401) 434-5887 or contacting us online.